Friday, April 28, 2017

the why of it



     I don't know why chocolate chips taste better frozen.
     I don't know why some people make you angry just being around them.
     I don't know why Ryan Bingham is so unbelievably amazing.
     I don't know why I get so set on one thing and then fall apart when it doesn't happen like I wanted.
     I don't know why it's so hard to drive a stick-shift.
     I don't know why my cat has to go outside for three seconds and then come in again.
     I don't know why Amish men are so much more attractive than regular (um how about English) men. (Oh wait I do know why - it's because they work and use their muscles, duh.)
     I don't know why it's so easy to check Instagram first thing in the morning when my Bible's sitting right there.
     I don't know why I always want what I can't have as soon as I can't have it.
     I don't know why the Flicka soundtrack sounds like National Treasure.
     I don't know why some words are considered bad.
     I don't know why my favorite people live so far away.
     I don't know why Texas is so much cooler (I mean hotter) than any other state.
     I don't know why I have clumsy days.
     I don't know why I have mean thoughts sometimes.
     I don't know why some evenings are so beautiful it physically hurts.
     I don't know why Jesus loves me all that much.

     But I know He does.

     I know why He put you and me together.
     I know why He gave us all different gifts.
     I know why He made it take so long for me to realize some things.
     I know why He made some dreams fall through.
     I know why He made twilight.
     I know why He gives us a day of Rest.
     I know why He put us in families.
     I know why He tests us to our limits.
     I know why He gives us another chance when we least expect it.
     I know why He sends judgement.
     I know why He gives grace.

     I don't understand it, but I know why.

     "For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace."  - Romans 6:13

     **********


     YOU GUYS you should really go read Romans and listen to Ryan Bingham's music (but not at the same time).

~Emma <3

11 comments:

  1. Amen. I love this post so so much. Thank you. Let's meet up soon and read Romans together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS A WONDERFUL POST. I didn't know chocolate chips are better frozen haha but I know God has a reason for everything happening. I ENJOYED THIS SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really really good reminder love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma! You blow me away! You're such a good writer. And this was an excellent, excellent post. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA that bunny picture made me giggle out loud. He looks so mad. :P

    (And ugggh, yes "I don't know why it's so hard to drive a stick-shift"!! Well, presuming that's the same thing as what we call a manual... it's so hard! Especially hill starts. *grimaces*)

    Loved this post. <3

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. This...is art in words. I would comment on every point, but I'd pretty much say "yes!" and "I agree!" to everything, so I'll just leave it at this: I'm still so very glad you're back to blogging, and we should write each other sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. Gahh. Stop being so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!