Wednesday, June 13, 2018

PASSED.

6.11.18

     We were all nervous.

     Justin had huge sweat stains on his t-shirt. Amber threw up outside and Marion bit all his nails off. We stood there in the hallway, like teenagers waiting for a high school musical audition. After four months of class, we had come to the first part of our examination - the practicals. They called us in one by one to the stations, and in between I bounced off the walls and guzzled water and tried to breathe deep. My respirations were over 30; I was a high priority case.

    Was it a good idea to take EMT in four months? I've wondered. Good idea or not, it's been one of the best experiences of my life. All those late nights at class I wouldn't trade for anything. The whole thing would be worth it for the friends I made, even if I didn't pass my exam.

    After I had completed all my stations, there was nothing to do but wait. A minute later my teacher Josh came to get me. "Come on into the kitchen," he said, meaning the fire hall kitchen. (We have a very professional set-up.) There I would find out my score. There, I would find out if I had passed my practical exam and could go on to the state test.

     The woman shook my hand. "You passed all your stations. Congratulations!"

     "Oh," I said, and kind of wobbled on my feet. Josh laughed.

      It's one of the most rewarding feelings ever to work so hard for something, and then accomplish what you set out to do. I have doubted myself so much over this whole endeavor, then started to believe I could do it, doubted again, and went back to believing I could, maybe, be an EMT.



     I am so proud of all my classmates. I am so glad it's over! I am so glad it happened. I PASSED MY PRACTICAL! Now all I have to do is take the state written test. Piece of cake. Or so they say...
   

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, EMMA JANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! You go, girl!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS, EMMA!!!!!! I'm so proud of you :D

    maddy || little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS, EMMA!! that is such a HUGE accomplishment!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Emma. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India.I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being a Christ follower. Congratulations on your great accomplishment. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a cit with a great contrast where richest of rich the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede@gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girL...Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!